(I created this box for a birthday gift for my friends Mother)
Open it up and it explodes with color
Explosion boxes are really fun, beautiful and useful. If you are not familiar with them, look closely at the above photo you will see framed areas where you can put your photos. Your friends and family will enjoy opening it and viewing all the photos inside. (Click on The last photo in this post for larger view)
Their really quite simple to make. Lets get started. :)
- 4 or more 12 x 12 pieces of patterned paper
- Scissors or cutting machine
- Paper scorer
- glitter, embellishments and ink (Optional)
SVGCuts Files Used:
- Explosion Box SVG Kit - I used this file for the actual box and all the frames inside
- Amelie's Accessories SVG Kit - for flower on top and inside of box
- Breezy Meadow Butterflies SVG Collection - for the butterflies on the outside of the box
Cut the first three papers in the shape of a plus (+) sign (cut each one a bit smaller than the rest if you like for added dimension). Score them and then glue them together in the area that will be the bottom of your box.
Next cut out squares, frame shapes, flowers, butterflies or any shape in the theme you are going for (you can also purchase embellishments and paper cut-outs at most craft stores). Next cut your box top. Start glueing all your frames and embellishments where you would like them to be. Now you are ready to add photos or give it as a gift!
Your friends and family will enjoy opening it just for fun and also looking at photos in a new way. Enjoy and be creative :)